Operative Plasterers & Cement Masons Local No. 29
Northern New Jersey 130 Central Ave., Suite 24
Jersey City, NJ 07306
Apprentices will learn necessary skills and gain knowledge of the trade through a standardized curriculum that also includes the following aspects of training:
Working as a cement mason or a plasterer is physically demanding and takes place in all weather conditions. Because of the various hazards found on and around work sites constant safety training is necessary.
Apprentices will be required to complete 144 hours per year of classroom instruction in addition to on- the- job learning.
LENGTH OF APPRENTICESHIP
The Local 29 apprenticeship is 4 years and 6,000 hours of on the job learning
APPRENTICE APPLICATION PROCESS:
1. Apprentice applications : will be available for NEW JERSEY RESIDENTS from: To Be Announced at least 2 weeks prior to the first application date. The program is currently on hold.
2. Completed applications will only be accepted between the hours 10 AM & 2 PM @ 130 Central Ave. Suite 24 Jersey City, NJ 07306. A $25 application fee must be paid by check or money order when the completed application is submitted. No cash will be accepted. Also all required paperwork (see below) must be submitted at this time.
3. You may be required to complete a basic math test as a part of the application process. Information about the test will be distributed when ALL required documents are submitted.
4. A drug test will be required before entry into the program. This will cost applicants $75.
5.Physical exam is required. (Periodic physical exams and drug testing may be required once in the program.)
6. Applicants will potentially be required to complete a personal interview.
7. Once accepted into the apprentice program, membership fees of $311.50 must be paid by check or money order to
OPCMIA Local 29.
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE COMPLETE AND HAVE ALL THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS, ANY APPLICATION NOT COMPLETE OR MISSING ANY OF THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
1. Copy of applicant's high school diploma or equivalency (GED)
2. Copy of applicant's Social Security Card.
3. Copy of applicant's valid driver's license. (Applicants must be at least 18 years old.)
OPCMIA Local 29 JATC admits students of any sex, race, color, creed, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to the students. The school does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national and ethnic origin.
For further information please contact the Apprenticeship Coordinator at: (email) JATC@opcmialocal29.org